Immigration & Visa in China
Advice on Immigration & Visa in China, where you can make sure you get the right documents to make a successful application to your ideal university.
Foreign students intending to study a degree in China that lasts longer than 6 months (as will be the case for most planning to study for undergraduate degrees) need to apply for a student visa (X-visa).
Applicants will need the following:
• A passport valid for at least six months after arriving in China, with at least one blank visa page
• A health certificate legalised by the Chinese Embassy
• A completed Visa Application Form (Q1) with a recent passport sized photograph attached
• A Letter of Admission, Foreign Student Visa Application Form (JW202) issued by the relevant Chinese government uni
• Those from the US may need to provide the original and a copy of their Green Card or other documents
Further information on applying for a student visa in China will be available from the Chinese embassy or High Commission in your home country.