Immigration & Visa in France
Advice on Immigration & Visa in France, where you can make sure you get the right documents to make a successful application to your ideal university.
EU citizens can study a degree in France providing they:
• Are studying in France for more than three months
• Are enrolled at an accredited university or institution
• Have proof of living funds for duration of course
• Have health insurance cover
Non-EU students will need to apply for an extended-stay student visa, with residency permit (VLS-TS).
When a VLS-TS visa is issued, students will be given an official form that they must present to the French office of immigration and integration (OFII).
A VLS-TS holder must, upon arriving in France, send to the OFII by registered mail:
• The official form received from the consulate that issued the visa
• A copy of passport pages showing the visa holders identity and the stamp indicating entry into France (or into the Schengen area)
You can find out more about visas at Campus France
The VLS-TS visa is required for all non-EU international students, however if you are from Algeria you will be subject to other provisions.