Immigration & Visa in Italy
Advice on Immigration & Visa in Italy, where you can make sure you get the right documents to make a successful application to your ideal university.
To get a student visa so you can stay in Italy for an extended period of time, you’ll need to go to an Italian diplomatic authority closest to you and apply for a visa.
In order to obtain a visa to study in Italy you will need to provide:
• Proof of suitable accommodation in Italy.
• Proof of sufficient funds to cover all costs.
• Evidence of sufficient funds to travel back to you country of origin after your study period.
• Documents to show you are entitled to medical care in Italy.
• Proof of certificate of payment in full for your degree program.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs provides a tool
where you can find out if you will need a visa to study in Italy.
In most cases the visa is free but some people may need to pay a visa processing fee.
In addition you will need to present all the necessary documents mentioned above as well as:
• Completed visa application form;
• If applicable, evidence of having paid the visa application fee;
• A passport valid for three months after your studies end;
• Two recent passport sized photographs.