Bangor University international student admissions & applications
Why choose Bangor for your studies?
HistoryFounded in 1884, dedicated to academic excellence for more than 130 years, Bangor University is one of the oldest and most prestigious degree awarding institutions in the UK.
- Among the top 2% of global higher education institutions
- World ranking 118th for international outlook – Times Higher Education World Ranking, 2017
- Top 15 UK University for Teaching Quality - The Times and Sunday Times League Table 2017
- Top 15 UK University for 'student satisfaction' – National Student Survey, 2016
- Top 350 world university - Times Higher Education World Ranking, 2017
Careers and Employability
- 93% of our graduates progressed to employment or further study within six months of graduation – DLHE survey 2014/15
- Many courses help strengthen career prospects through;
- Work placements: students are provided with a variety of options for work experience – either within the degree, through University internships or by volunteering
- Industry partnerships: Some degrees are run in partnership with the industry such as Teacher Training, Nursing and Social Work.
- Professional accreditations: to help develop students’ careers, many of the degrees are accredited by professional bodies of global repute, such as IBMS, ACCA, CIMA, CIM, RSC, BCS, BPS, IET, ICF, SRA, BSB, and NMC.
Cost of Study
- Scholarships worth over £1M are available for international students.
- Among the most inexpensive places to live in the UK – The A-Z of Universities and Higher Education Colleges
- Top 10 UK university for inexpensive shops/amenities – THE Student Survey 2016
- Top 20 UK university for best value student accommodation - The Times and Sunday Times League Table 2017
- Top 5 UK University for ‘Student support’ – WhatUni 2016
- Free English language support for international students throughout the year
- Dedicated team to handle international student concerns ranging from visa, accommodation, health, money matters, and employment
- Top-5 UK University for ‘Clubs and Societies’ – WhatUni 2016
- Ranked 1st in the UK for student accommodation – WhatUni 2016
- Top 10 for in the UK for university accommodation – THE Student Survey 2016
- Guaranteed accommodation for new international students
- £35 million investment in student accommodation halls
- Conveniently located within a 15 minute walk from the lecture halls and also the city centre
- Student village comprising of sports facilities, laundry, café, bar, shops and 24 hour security
- Variety of room options available; En-Suite, Studios, Townhouses, Standard, and Budget
- Top 10 UK university for good security – THE Student Survey 2016
- “Best UK University setting” – The Independent
- Coastal town situated near to the Snowdonia mountains.
- Close to major cities like London (3.5 hrs), Manchester (1.5 hrs) and Liverpool (1.5 hrs)
- £67m invested on campus redevelopment and a further £48m on a new Arts and Innovation Centre (Pontio).
- 160+ buildings, 23 academic departments offering 250+ Undergraduate courses and 200+ Postgraduate courses offered over January and September intakes.