With roots dating back to 1974, BINUS UNIVERSITY is a premier private institution of higher education offering international standard courses at both the undergraduate and postgraduate degree level. Initially founded as a provider of vocational training focused on computer systems and informatics, BINUS has grown to offer a full range of programmes to its more than 30,000 students spread throughoutfour campus areas in Jakarta only.
- Year of Establishment:
1974 (Bina Nusantara Foundation);
1996 (BINUS University)
- TOP 9 university in Indonesia & 251-260 in Asia (QS World University Rankings: Asia 2018)
- 5 QS Stars in employability, teaching, accessibility, engagement and facilities
- University Type: Private
- Faculty Members: > 1,400
- Active Students: > 31,000
- International Exchange Students: 400 annually
- Int'l Lecturers: 80 annually
- Alumni Members: > 90,000
- Programme Types: Diploma, Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Doctorate, and Online Learning
- Certifications: ABET, EFMD EPAS, ISO 9001:2000
BINUS UNIVERSITY further distinguishes itself within Indonesia's highly competitive tertiary education sector by collaborating with international universities to form ties that facilitate initiatives such as the creation of unique joint degree programmes. Through more than 130 international partner universities, BINUS UNIVERSITY prepares its students for the local and global stage. Targets such as the aim to place graduates in multinational companies coupled with an existing network of more than 1,000 alumni members overseas has seen BINUS emerge as a beacon for a bright new future for Indonesia's higher education sector, in which international cooperation serves to fuel the development of globally-competitive human capital.
Affiliated programs BINUS ASO School of Engineering (Japan) and BINUS NORTHUMBRIA SCHOOL OF DESIGN (Britain) take BINUS international cooperation in education delivery to new heights. The design school equips studentswith hands-on experience and creativity sought by the growing Indonesia's fashion industry. The involvement of ASO College Group as an experienced international partner in automotive, robotics, and product design engineering cements BINUS reputation as provider of high qualityengineering education delivered in state-of-the-art laboratories.
Established in 2007, the BINUS BUSINESS SCHOOL and its comprehensive selection of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in English and Indonesian were developed to cater to Indonesia's rising demand for highly qualified management personnel in line with the market's emergence as a thriving business hub.
Fostering & empowering the community, BINUS offers scholarships to talented youth.
BINUS World Class Scholarship rewards international students at undergraduate level demonstrating leadership skills and dedicated to enriching campus diversity.
The scholarship provides access to top academic programs in Asia, as well as internships, social projects, and mobility programs with BINUS corporate & university partners.
Scholarship applies to undergraduate programs at Binus International, Binus Northumbria School of Design, and BINUS ASO School of Engineering.
BINUS World Class Scholarship has two types:
- Full tuition scholarship (merit based) – covering tuition cost at BINUS
- Full scholarship (financial need based but also available as merit based for Int’l Accounting & Finance applicants) – covering tuition cost at BINUS plus accommodation, visa, health insurance, and language class costs
Students feel home away from home at BINUS and are assisted with any transition processes. BINUS SQUARE as the university´s residence hall accommodates up to 2,500 students and visitors at a reasonable cost and in a comfortable, dynamic and safe environment. The dorm has a 24h on-call service and staff regularly organizing excursions and soft skill workshops for students. With experienced security team and chip card assess to the room towers, the dorm has reputation for safety. INTERNATIONAL OFFICE keeps present in the lives of international students throughout their stay assisting with housing, administrative questions, and facilitating academic orientation and social gatherings. The dynamic peer-to-peer iBuddy program helps with settling into BINUSIAN and Jakarta lifestyles as well as departing. Academic and career advising units complete this full range of support services.
- Longstanding expertise in Information Technology has seen BINUS UNIVERSITY emerge at the forefront of universities producing tech-savvy, innovative graduates
- Closely attuned to developments on the global stage, BINUS is renowned for internationally-oriented students prepared for the realities of regional integration
- 2 in 3 of BINUS UNIVERSITY graduates become entrepreneurs or work in global organizations
- Research driven and fully committed to encouraging its students and faculty to pursue publication in international journals
- Proven track record of cooperation with international partners that has seen the university develop numerous double degree programmes
- Dedicated to the widespread attainment of high educational standards across Indonesia through a number of community-level programs for disadvantaged students