Institute of Technology Carlow international student admissions & applications
Since its founding in 1970, Institute of Technology Carlow has generated more than 50,000 graduates. It currently ranks as the 4th largest of Ireland’s 14 institutes of technology (IoT) with more than 7,000 enrolments and employs over 800 staff. In 2014, the Institute was bestowed with the Honour of becoming the Institute of Technology of the year by the Sunday Times. The judges, in making the award, stated that the Institute was deserving of the title "off the back of a strong academic performance, a high completion rate and a good record in the graduate jobs market". We were ranked in category 1 by the Higher Education Authority for performance funding in 2015 & 2016.
The Institute offers more than 60 taught degree programmes to Honours level on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) making our qualifications international recognised by employers. IT Carlow also has a range of high quality postgraduate programmes that offer suitably qualified primary degree holders exciting opportunities to progress to higher awards (Higher Diploma, Masters and Doctoral degrees). These opportunities may be undertaken by research and thesis, or through taught programmes. Our strategic location in the Sunny South East of Ireland ensures that our students have access to a top quality education but with living costs up to 50% less than city based campuses. The Institute’s €100m development plan has, since 2012, delivered four new buildings, increasing the campus floor footage by 40%. The Institute land space has also been increased by 50% in order to allow for the further development of the Institute and to ultimately help deliver its vision of being “Ireland’s leading Technological University – Inspiring Individuals, Transforming Society.”
WHY STUDY HERE
- IT Carlow has a state of the art, modern campus and is an ideal base for students seeking to explore the treasures of the “Emerald Isle”. We are purposefully located in Ireland’s Ancient East.
- We have a multicultural campus with 83 nationalities represented on campus comprising 10% of our student population.
- We are an Hour’s drive from Dublin International airport and we include Airport pick up in our service for International students.
- The programmes at Institute of Technology span the Sciences, Health, Computing, Engineering and Humanities disciplines ensuring students have access to a wide variety to suit their personal and career goals
- We are home to the best Aerospace education facility in the country. In 2015, the institute was awarded the Aviation Academic Education Award by the Irish Aviation Authority. We are pioneers in developing our programmes in Cybercrime and IT security, computer Games and Software Development. We have internationally celebrated sports programmes and facilities. In 2014, the institute opened a dedicated multi million euro research and innovation centre.
- We enjoy a 92% employment rate for our graduates which is well above the national averages of 58% for undergraduate students and 78% for postgraduate students.
- Our programmes are designed to bring you into contact with Industry and employers. Over 90% of our undergraduate awards incorporate work based learning.
- The Institute has over 60 clubs and societies ensuring that there is an opportunity to indulge your passions and meet new friends.