Farmingdale State College plays a critical role not just in teaching its students, but in shaping them. At Farmingdale, you will enjoy small, personalized classes that prepare you for a successful career through the use of real-world technologies and critical thinking. Whether it's working alongside award-winning faculty in a research laboratory or experiencing a hands-on internship, Farmingdale is a place where knowledge is a path to achievement and discovery.
Farmingdale State College is located in the heart of Long Island and lies less than one hour East of New York City. Small, personalized classes, a lush 380-acre campus are some of the things Farmingdale students experience while preparing for a whole new world - the real world.
- Enrollment of 8,395
- 634 resident students
- 242 international students
- Number of students living on campus: 600
- Faculty to student ratio: 21:1; average class size: 24
- Named one of the best colleges in the North in US News and World Report 2013 and 2014 rankings
- Ranked among top 150 public colleges in the nation in the earning power of graduates in 2012
- Ranked fifth-safest campus in the U.S. in a nationwide statistical analysis
- Offer 29 baccalaureate degrees and eight associate degrees
- Highly successful NCAA Division III athletics program
- In a survey of May 2014 graduates, 88% of respondents reported employment within 6 months of graduation, and of those employed 78% are employed in a field related to their degree.
Tuition and Fees
2015-2016 estimated expenses for international students
Popular ProgramsAt Farmingdale State College we encourage students to reach higher and reach their potential. With our 37 degree programs, we'll make sure you fit in!
- Applied Economics
- Business Management/Global Business Management
- Computer Programming and Information Systems
- Construction Management Engineering Technology
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Science, Technology and Society (Concentrations in Global Affairs, Media Studies, Environmental Policy and Health, Wellness and Society)
- Telecommunications Technology
- New York State Education Department
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
- Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (TAC/ABET)
- Association of Technology, Management and Applied Engineering (ATMAE)
- The American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation
- National Accrediting Agency for the Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Inc.(NLN)
Institute for Research and Technology Transfer
The Institute provides the industrial community with state-of-the-art technology in the areas of Robotics and Automation, Thermal Spray, Computer Numerical Controlled (CNC) machining centers and turning centers, Stereolithography and Rapid prototyping, Computer Aided Design (CAD), Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM), and Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
Solar Energy Center
Solar Energy Center of Farmingdale State University of New York is accredited as a "Training Institution" and "Continuing Education Institution" on Solar Energy by the Institute of Sustainable Power. This is the first such center to be accredited in the Northeast and the fourth in the entire USA.
Applied Mathematics Center
The Center for Applied Mathematics is currently working on several projects for industry, state government and Farmingdale State College
Social Science Research Institute
The Social Science Research Institute at Farmingdale State College promotes excellence guided by ethics in fostering scientific and social advances. Altruism and civic engagement together serve as both the means to human success and the goal of cultural and technological progress. The SSRI is committed to social justice and community advocacy.
The residence halls are convenient to academic and administrative areas on campus and offer an environment that supports and complements your academic endeavors. Residence hall living offers you the opportunity to meet other students and forge friendships that will last a lifetime. It also provides you with the opportunity to learn about other cultures and lifestyles, as well as learn more about yourself. Students who live in the residence halls can experience significant personal growth as a result of their new found independence.
Our campus based Health and Wellness Center is staffed with nurses, physicians, and wellness counselors. The goal of the Health and Wellness Center is to enhance the student's educational experience at Farmingdale State.
The Office of Student Activities is home to all of the student clubs and organizations. We currently have over 70 clubs and organizations running. These clubs are at the heart of the activities on campus.
Farmingdale State Intercollegiate Athletic Program is a Division III member of the NCAA, National Collegiate Athletic Association. The College offers student-athletes a wide variety of opportunities for men and women, including traditional intramural leagues and tournaments, fitness and group exercise classes, outdoor pursuits and professional events.