study in Dijon, universities in Dijon degree, bachelors
Home | Studying Abroad | Study in europe | Study in France | study in dijon

Study In Dijon - Explore Universities in Dijon

Study in Dijon, and find the best universities in Dijon.

Dijon is not just a type of mustard. It’s also a city in the Burgundy region of eastern France that is a great option for undergraduate study in France.

It is a historic town that despite being in a key location during World War Two Dijon was largely spared destruction so much of the city’s historical buildings remain intact, making it a prime example of a classic French city.

Famous for its art and architecture, the church of Notre Dame is a popular place to visit. Local legend claims that one of the churches stone relief sculptures, an owl is a good luck charm. Visitors to the church touch the owl with their left hand and make a wish.

For a small city the city houses around 30,000 students, meaning it is a great place for student life.

Study in Dijon?

Dijon is home to the main campus of the University of Burgundy. Based in the city centre it includes 10 faculties, 4 engineering schools and 3 institutes of technology offering undergraduate courses.

The city also features the European campus of Sciences Po Paris, a public research and higher education institution which is thought to be one the world’s most respected and prestigious schools for social sciences. Their admission process is highly selective, but around 42% of their student population comes from overseas.

Also, in Dijon you can study at the École nationale des beaux-arts de Dijon, one of the most influential art schools in France.

Immigration and visas

If you are looking to study for an undergraduate degree in Dijon and are an EU citizen you will be accepted onto a degree provided you fulfil the following:

  • Are studying in Dijon for more than three months.
  • Are enrolled at an accredited university or institution.
  • Have proof of sufficient funds to cover your graduate degree in France for its duration.
  • Have health insurance cover.
Non-EU students will need to apply for an extended-stay student visa, with residency permit (VLS-TS).

When a VLS-TS visa is issued, students will be given an official form that they must present to the French office of immigration and integration (OFII)

A VLS-TS holder must, upon arriving in France, send to the OFII by registered mail (return receipt requested):

  • The official form received from the consulate that issued the visa.
  • A copy of passport pages showing the visa holders identity and the stamp indicating entry into France (or into the Schengen area).
You can find out more about visas at Campus France -

Accommodation and living costs

Generally student accommodation in France is considered expensive, but Dijon is cheaper than many other places in the country especially considering it is a major town.

There are two main types of accommodation while studying:

  • University accommodation – such as halls of residence
  • Private accommodation – House and flat rentals
University accommodation is in very short supply, so most students end up living in private accommodation. The number of private student residences is on the increase, making it easier to find student accommodation in France.

CNOUS CROUS (the student social support service) and is usually reserved for government scholarship holders.

Campus France can help you with problems you might have with student housing in France, such as locating and reserving accommodation except for places in Paris.

What to do next

If you would like to find out more about how to study a degree in Dijon, fill out our Free Application Service and we'll get back in touch.