study in Coventry, universities in Coventry degree, bachelors
Home | Studying Abroad | Study in europe | Study in The United Kingdom | study in coventry

Study In Coventry - Explore Universities in Coventry

Study in Coventry, and find the best universities in Coventry.

Coventry has an ‘interesting’ reputation in the UK. The phrase ‘sent to Coventry’ is used when you want to get rid of someone, and during World War II the German’s coined the verb ‘Coventrieren’ meaning to flatten.

Despite this, Coventry is actually a great student city, offering big city living at a fraction of the costs of places like London, Manchester and Birmingham. Desperate to be forward thinking but conscious of its past, studying a graduate degree in Coventry will allow you to see up close how the UK is transforming itself from a manufacturing place to a services industry.

Study in Coventry?

Coventry is home to two quality universities offering undergraduate courses in the city:

The University of Warwick is one of the UK’s premier universities, having never been ranked outside of the top ten in the UK and is also a member of the Russell Group of universities.

Coventry University was granted university status in 1992 and offers one of the world’s best automotive design and engineering courses.

The city is also home to three further education colleges in City College, Henley College and Hereward College.

Undergraduate degrees in Coventry normally take between 3-4 years to complete, but shorter courses may  be on offer at colleges.

Immigration and visas

EU citizens are allowed to come and study an undergraduate degree in Coventry providing they fulfil the following criteria:

  • Are studying in the UK for more than three months
  • Are enrolled at an accredited university or institution
  • Have proof of sufficient funds to cover your undergraduate degree in the UK for its duration
If you are a non-EU student coming to Coventry to study, you’ll need to apply for a student visa under the tier 4 visa category. In order to qualify, you’ll need to demonstrate the following:

  • Proof of funding to cover an undergraduate course and living costs
  • A confirmation of acceptance to study (CAS) reference from a university with sponsor status
  • Adequate English language skills
You can find out more about visas at the UK Border Agency. 

Accommodation and living costs

Both universities offer halls of residence accommodation to students, which is normally the best way of settling into student life and making friends.

However, Coventry is a great place to live privately, with both universities being easily accessible and public transport plentiful. The most popular areas are:

  • Hillfields
  • Earlsdon
  • Chapelfields
Earlsdon is a popular area with students from both Coventry University and the University of Warwick, with plenty of pubs and restaurants and a village feel. Hillfields is just five minutes from the University of Coventry.

Expect to pay around £200-£300 a month for a room in a shared house or £550 a month for a two bed terraced house.

What to do next

If you would like to find out more about how to study a degree in Coventry, fill out our Free Application Service and we'll get back in touch.