Study In Edinburgh - Explore Universities in Edinburgh
Study in Edinburgh, and find the best universities in Edinburgh.
Edinburgh is one of the UK’s most exciting cities to live in. Famous for festivals, castles and whiskey, Auld Reekie is a student hub and a city where almost anything is possible.
Edinburgh is a surprisingly compact city, despite being the capital of Scotland. It’s famous for its nightlife, being home to hundreds of bars, clubs and performance arenas – all of which get packed out during the annual Edinburgh festival.
Studying in Edinburgh is a great experience for an international student – just make sure you move in before the tourist hordes do!
Study in Edinburgh?If you want to study an undergraduate degree in Edinburgh, you will have plenty of options. Edinburgh is home to four universities offering courses:
- University of Edinburgh
- Queen Margaret University
- Heriot-Watt University
Edinburgh Napier University
Immigration and visasEU citizens are allowed to come and study an undergraduate degree in Edinburgh providing they fulfil the following criteria:
- Are studying in the UK for more than three months
- Are enrolled at an accredited university or institution
Have proof of sufficient funds to cover your undergraduate degree in the UK for its duration
- Proof of funding to cover an undergraduate course and living costs
- A confirmation of acceptance to study (CAS) reference from a university with sponsor status
Adequate English language skills
Accommodation and living costsMost new undergraduate students will choose to live in dedicated halls of residence, as this is the best way to settle into university life and make new friends. Students opting to live in private accommodation traditionally choose to live in the following areas:
- South Side
- Newington, Marchmont, Morningside, Bruntsfield and Tollcross to the south west of George Square
- New Town
Leith Walk/Easter Road area