study in Leeds, universities in Leeds degree, bachelors
Home | Studying Abroad | Study in europe | Study in The United Kingdom | study in leeds

Study In Leeds - Explore Universities in Leeds

Study in Leeds, and find the best universities in Leeds.

With two major universities and several higher education colleges, Leeds offers postgraduate students plenty of options. Leeds is a vibrant and extremely varied city, with culture, sport and good old Yorkshire values at the heart of living in Leeds.

Known (in some circles) as the ‘Knightsbridge of the North’, shopping is one thing that Leeds excels at. The city offers everything from the cutting edge couture and independent shops to the best of the high street.

Studying an undergraduate degree in Leeds will also open you up to explore Yorkshire’s famous countryside, with the Pennines and Peak District close by.

Study in Leeds?

Leeds is well known as a student city and has two universities offering students undergraduate degrees:

You can also study degrees at a number of other institutions in the city, including Leeds Trinity University College, Leeds College of Art, Leeds College of Music and the Northern School of Contemporary Dance.

Most undergraduate degrees in Leeds will take between 3-4 years to complete, depending on the degree you choose to study and the mode of study.

Immigration and visas

EU citizens are allowed to come and study an undergraduate degree in Leeds providing they fulfil the following criteria:

  • Are studying in the UK for more than three months
  • Are enrolled at an accredited university or institution
  • Have proof of sufficient funds to cover your undergraduate degree in the UK for its duration
If you are a non-EU student coming to Leeds to study, you’ll need to apply for a student visa under the tier 4 visa category. In order to qualify, you’ll need to demonstrate the following:

  • Proof of funding to cover an undergraduate course and living costs
  • A confirmation of acceptance to study (CAS) reference from a university with sponsor status
  • Adequate English language skills
You can find out more about visas at the UK Border Agency. 

Accommodation and living costs

Most students coming to Leeds opt to stay in dedicated halls of residence provided by their university, as this is the easiest way to settle into student life.

Students opting to live in private accommodation usually choose to live in the following areas:

  • Headingley
  • Hyde Park
  • Burley
  • City centre
Traditionally, Headingley has been the most popular choice for students in Leeds and has a strong community feel. However, its popularity has driven rental price s up and led to some common complaints with high density student areas such as noise, littering and increased crime. This has led to more students looking at Hyde Park and city centre flats.

Expect to pay around £250-£350 a month for a room in a shared house in Leeds.  

What to do next

If you would like to find out more about how to study a degree in Leeds, fill out our Free Application Service and we'll get back in touch.