study in Connecticut, universities in Connecticut degree, bachelors
Home | Studying Abroad | Study in north america | Study in The United States | study in connecticut

Study In Connecticut - Explore Universities in Connecticut

Study in Connecticut, and find the best universities in Connecticut.

Connecticut is a state in New England, on the East Coast of the USA, just north of New York and falling largely within the New York Metropolitan Area. Despite its proximity to such a large city, Connecticut is regularly classed as one of the safest places to live in the whole of the USA, and is the area of choice for many families and students who want New York City to be within easy reach.

It is also a hub of world class education - Yale University, regularly ranked as the number one university in the world, is located in New Haven, the state’s second largest city. This intellectual air and student growth makes Connecticut one of the best places to study an undergraduate degree in the United States.

Study in Connecticut?

Although Yale University is arguably the most highly respected university in the world, it is far from the only higher education institution that Connecticut offers. There are several other institutions offering undergraduate degrees in the region, including:

Undergraduate degrees in Connecticut generally take between two to four years to complete, depending on whether you choose study an Associate degree (two years) or a Bachelors degree (four years).

Immigration and visas

Before travelling to the USA to study, you will need to apply for a non-immigrant visa for study in Connecticut.

The most common kind of student visa is the F-1 visa, which entitles the holder to study at any US accredited college or university.
To apply for a student visa, you will need to fill out an application form (found on the US Embassy website) and send appropriate documentation, such as evidence of financial standing and proof of university acceptance and academic qualifications, as well as possibly attending a visa interview at the US Embassy in your home country.

Accommodation and living costs

Most international students in Connecticut will choose to live in dedicated university accommodation, at least for the first year of their studies. This will allow you to settle into university life on campus more easily, make friends and find your way around town.

However, some students will opt to live privately. In New Haven, many students studying choose to rent privately in the East Rock area, or downtown in the city.

What to do next

If you would like to find out more about how to study a degree in Connecticut, fill out our Free Application Service and we'll get back in touch.