study in Washington, universities in Washington degree, bachelors
Home | Studying Abroad | Study in north america | Study in The United States | study in washington

Study In Washington - Explore Universities in Washington

Study in Washington, and find the best universities in Washington.

Not to be confused with America’s capital Washington DC, Washington State is situated on the Pacific Northwest of the US and borders Canada. Home to perennial student favourite Seattle, Washington State is the second most populous state on the west coast after California.

Known as the ‘Evergreen State’, Washington was named after the first president of the United States, George Washington. The state is made up of rainforests, mountain ranges and a semi-arid basin in the east.

Study in Washington?

The state of Washington is home to a large number of institutions that offer undergraduate courses, including major research universities, religious schools and private colleges.

You can study a degree in Washington State at the following institutions, as well as at a large number of private institutions:

The private/religious colleges in Washington include:

  • Gonzaga University
  • Pacific Lutheran University
  • Seattle Pacific University
  • University of Puget Sound
  • Walla Walla University
  • Whitman College
  • Whitworth University
The majority of undergraduate degrees in Washington (and the rest of the USA) last four years.

Immigration and visas

Before travelling to the USA to study in Washington you will need to apply for a non-immigrant visa.

The most common kind of student visa is the F-1 visa, which entitles the holder to study at any US accredited college or university.

To apply for a student visa for an undergraduate degree in Washington, you will need to fill out an application form (found on the US Embassy website) and send appropriate documentation, such as evidence of financial standing and proof of university acceptance and academic qualifications, as well as possibly attending a visa interview at the US Embassy in your home country.

Accommodation and living costs

Most undergraduates coming to Washington choose to live in accommodation provided by the universities, as this is the easiest way to get to know fellow students and settle into university life. Most halls of residence in Washington require students to share facilities, including bathrooms, with other students.

Some students will choose to live privately in rented accommodation. If you want to do this your university will be able to advise you on where to look.

What to do next

Do you want to find out more about how to study a degree in Washington? Fill out our Free Application Service and we'll be in touch to help you through the process