- BU are one of the top 200 young universities in the world*
- Our Business School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). Only 5% of business schools around the world have achieved this.
- 10th in the world for Hospitality and Leisure Management according to QS World University Rankings*
- 96% of BU research rated as internationally recognised or higher, with 18% ranked as world-leading*
- In 2012, BU was awarded the Queen's Anniversary Prize in recognition of our contribution, via the National Centre for Computing Animation, to world class computer animation research and teaching.*
- Top 10 "Best Creative Media & Entertainment Schools in the World*
- 93.1% of BU undergraduate and 91% of postgraduate students are in work or further study six months after graduating* ·
- All undergraduate students at BU have the chance to undertake some form of work placement as part of their degree. BU have more students on placement than any other universities in England, many of our postgraduate courses also offer this opportunity.
A variety of scholarships are available ranging from £1,150 to a full tuition fee scholarship. Ranging from £1,150 to a full tuition fee scholarship.
- Famous for its 11km of award-winning sandy beaches, voted Britain's Best Beach*, Bournemouth is quite simply one of the most stunning coastal towns in the country.
- We are based on two campuses, linked by a 10 minute bus ride and we are only 10 minutes from both the beach and the town centre.
- Less than two hours from London by train, Bournemouth enjoys fantastic scenery and some of the country's mildest weather.
- In recent years, we have invested £200 million in our buildings and IT facilities.
- Our award-winning Students' Union (SUBU) runs a wide range of clubs and societies, which will help you to broaden your horizons and make new friends. We have clubs in skydiving, Harry Potter, 3D art, gaming, magic, cultural and nationality societies and many more. SUBU also organise excursions throughout the UK, London, Oxford, Stonehenge and Bath to name a few.
- Coffee shops, lounges and canteens can be found across our campuses, and there's also our art gallery, music rooms and SportBU's wealth of health and sporting facilities.
- 96% of BU graduates would recommend BU to a prospective student
We guarantee a place in University allocated accommodation for all new international students starting courses in September and January, and who apply for a room before the deadline (mid-August for September and early December for January entry).
The university has Halls of Residence in the town centres of Bournemouth and Poole and prices range from £120 to £150 per week (inclusive of bills). BU also manages private local housing on behalf of landlords, which currently houses over 700 students.
Bournemouth University (BU) is one of the UK's leading modern universities; we create forward-thinking graduates with the skills and flexibility to succeed throughout their career. Our courses are designed with direct input from employers, and we recognise the importance of work experience as part of your degree.
The BU community includes around 18,000 students; with approximately 2,600 international students from over 120 countries. Our four faculties offer degrees in creative, professional, technological, scientific and humanities specialisms. We are ranked in the top 200 young universities in the world according to the THE Young University Rankings and 65th in The Guardian University Guide 2019. Our Business School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and only 5% of business schools around the world have achieved this.
There are many reasons why so many international students choose BU. Studying at Bournemouth University will give you the opportunity to progress into some the most exciting careers, such as Computer Animation & Visual Effects, Media Production & Communication, Forensic & Archaeology, Sports & Events Management, History, International Business and Management, Politics & Social Studies and Hospitality and Tourism.
Bournemouth is also a great town to live as an international student. We are located in one of the most beautiful and historic areas of the United Kingdom. Situated on the south coast of England, and less than two hours from London by train, Bournemouth enjoys fantastic scenery and some of the country's mildest weather. Famous for our 11 kilometres of golden sandy beaches that have been ranked in Europe's top five beaches* and beautiful parks, Bournemouth blends a traditional British seaside resort with a busy and thriving town.
Research is an integral part of BU, providing solutions to real-world problems and informing the education we deliver. Our students are a key part of this research, co-creating knowledge with us and playing a crucial role in everything we do.
- UK/EU students from £6,000 for a Foundation degree to £9,250 for a Bachelor's degree.
- International (non-EU) from £9,500 for a foundation degree to £13,750 for an undergraduate.
- Taught Master's – £11,000-£14,500 for full-time study, depending on the subject, including qualifications such as MA, MSc and LLM
- MBA – £14,000 (This is a business-specific course).
At BU you will have the opportunity to apply for scholarships. All students joining the University who meet the University's published criteria for an Academic (Excellence) Scholarship will receive the award ranging from UK/EU: £2,500 fee reduction and Non-EU: £3,500 fee reduction. Students do not need to apply as qualified applicants will receive the award pending confirmation of eligible results by International Admissions Administrator.
*Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018).
*Queen's Anniversary Prize committee 2012
*Rookie Award 2018
*Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey, 2017.
*2019 TripAdvisor's Travellers' Choice Awards