University Canada West (UCW) is a University with a clear vision—to be a leading, respected independent University in Canada and abroad, known for innovation and effectiveness in preparing motivated students for professional-level careers and societal leadership. UCW transform students into leadership-ready graduates for communities around the world.
- ACBSP-accredited MBA and Bachelor of Commerce programs;
- Faculty with first-hand experience in business;
- UCW's learning environment is dynamic and practical. Class sizes are small to focus more on individual requirements;
- Study in the heart of Vancouver's vibrant business community with an unparalleled access to network of prospective employers;
- We have students from 40 countries providing them ample opportunities to network and knowledge transfer;
- Students may also be eligible for a Post-Graduation Work Permit after they successfully complete their degree program.
- The Education Quality Assurance (EQA) designation identifies BC public and private post-secondary institutions that have met or exceeded provincial government-recognized standards for quality assurance and consumer protection.
- University Canada West has earned ACBSP Global Business Accreditation for its business degree programs. The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs accredits business, accounting, and business-related programs at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral degree levels worldwide.
- UCW is a member of the BC Transfer System (BCCAT) with more than 1,500 credit transfer arrangements to other post-secondary institutions
- EduCanada is a brand that supports the international education offer of Canadian provinces and territories. EduCanada and the leaf design is a trademark of the Government of Canada.
- Languages Canada is Canada's national language education association representing more than 225 private and public language education members that offer accredited English and French programs.
- Associate of Arts degree
- Bachelor of Commerce or Bachelor of Arts in Business Communication
- MBA Foundation Course
- Master of Business Administration for Business and Non-business background, No GMAT/GRE/ Work experience required as compulsory
- University Access Program (ESL)
When you study with UCW, you'll find out why this beautiful city was voted the 3rd best city to live by The Economist*.
New students will get to know the Student Services department quickly during Orientation, where the team gives students an overview of the university's campus, myUCW portal, library services and assists with course selection and registration.
As well as peer and faculty support, through Student Services, students can access:
- Writing and Numeracy Coaches
- Academic Advising
- Campus Information Sessions
- Workshops and Seminars
- Student Life and Student Committee Events, such as: holiday parties, end of term socials, movie nights, and much more.
To ensure that your experience University Canada West is enjoyable, should you encounter any challenges, do be advised that a solution is often just a click or call away.
University Canada West's Career Services department was created to facilitate an engaging partnership with all its students and alumni as they transition from higher education into the workforce environment and beyond. Through these partnerships, Career Services will bridge the gap of employers' needs and employment opportunities for our students and alumni.
Career Services works with students and alumni located in Vancouver and throughout Canada to provide career and employment preparatory information through the assistance of an online career services program. Students and alumni can access the program via internet when they want, and can generate numerous career documents that are relevant to positions they are applying for all from a centralized location.
As students gain employable skills and alumni grow within their careers, University Canada West is dedicated to connect them with businesses across Canada for employment and advancement opportunities. Where education and portable skills training is a "must have" in today's competitive job market.
University Canada West Career Services include but are not limited to, assistance with:
- Cover letters;
- Interviewing skills;
- Job search techniques;
- Networking opportunities; and
- Career coaching
- 91% are working full-time or had their own business
- 74% reported that their employment was related to the MBA degree
- 87% of international students had remained in Canada and 4% were in the USA.
- Earning greater than $100,000 24%
- 51,000 to 100,000 25%
- 26,000 to 50,000 37%
- 25,000 or under 15%*
* These students had mostly returned to their home country or were working on a part time basis
Information on this slide is based on 2016 alumni survey.