The University of Reading Malaysia (UoRM) offers students the best of both worlds: the opportunity to study for a UK degree from the state-of-the-art campus in EduCity in Iskandar Puteri, Johor, Malaysia.
UoRM is the first overseas campus of the University of Reading in the UK, which is ranked in the top 200 universities globally (according to Times Higher Education and QS World University Rankings) and has a long-established reputation for the quality of its teaching and research.
Uniquely, our students are given the opportunity to choose to study part of their course in the UK, which means that getting a world class degree with UK study experience is more flexible, accessible and affordable than ever before.
University of Reading students from the UK are also given the chance to study at UoRM, enabling even greater international collaboration and enhancing the teaching and learning experience for all.
We offer a wide range of professional programmes at foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate level. Home to the internationally renowned, triple-accredited Henley Business School (the only triple-accredited business school in Malaysia), our programmes include the prestigious Henley MBA.
Students will be taught by international academic staff – the best in their field – and have the same high-quality learning experience as in the UK. 94 percent of the University of Reading’s students are employed or in further study within six months of graduation. UoRM offers an up-to-date and innovative approach to teaching, designed to ensure that students are well prepared to excel in their chosen careers.
Our state-of-the-art campus at EduCity in Iskandar Puteri is an architecturally stunning campus environment, perfect for studying and networking.
Located just 40 minutes away from Singapore International Airport and only 20 minutes from Senai International Airport in Johor, the campus covers an area of 27,000 square meters and is an integrated, self-contained space that combines flexible teaching, research and learning spaces with inspiring social spaces. The design for the campus made the finals in the World Architecture Festival Awards in 2013.
The Heartspace - the central parkland space between the two buildings - came from the idea to emulate the open, natural space of the University of Reading's Whiteknights campus in the UK, but to translate this for a tropical setting. The Heartspace is now a plant-filled space for students to relax and socialise. There is also an amphitheatre for talks, live music and events.
- Flexible research, teaching and learning spaces, including modern lecture theatres
- Cutting edge teaching and research laboratories
- A top class Learning Resource Centre
- A Building Information Modelling lounge for our Built Environment Programmes
- A flagship dealing room will give students the feel of a real trading floor
- A purpose-built moot court to enable experiential learning
- Free, high speed WiFi across the campus
- Dedicated student association space
- Muslim prayer room
- Leisure facilities at the EduCity Sports Complex include a 12,000 seat stadium and indoor arena offering basketball, badminton, squash, volleyball and futsal, plus an aquatic centre with an Olympic sized swimming pool
- The Student Village offers halls of residence, cafes, restaurants, healthcare, a library and shops
- Ranked in the top 200 universities worldwide (QS World University Rankings 2018)
- Henley Business School is triple-accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the EMFD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and the Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- The Henley Executive MBA is ranked UK #4 and world #36 (Economist Executive MBA rankings 2015)
- 90% of undergraduate programme lecturers at UoRM hold PhDs
- Ranked UK #5 and world 43 in Architecture/Built Environment (QS World University ranking by subject 2018)
- University of Reading Malaysia’s Built Environment degrees are triple-accredited by Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) and Pacific Association of Quantity Surveyors (PAQS).
- Reading School of Pharmacy ranked top 10 in UK for Pharmacy and Pharmacology (The Guardian University Rankings 2017).
- University of Reading Malaysia’s psychology degree is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- 98% of University of Reading research is internationally recognised
The University of Reading Malaysia, the first multi-discipline overseas campus of the University of Reading in the UK, is offering a great opportunity for students on both campuses to undertake student mobility by choosing one of the following:
- Studying a minimum of one term abroad
- Studying one full year abroad
- Full transfer from the Malaysia campus to the UK
Studying abroad at the UK campus is an exciting opportunity to enhance your future career options, gaining subject knowledge, skills and experiences that will impress future employers and help you stand out from the crowd.UoRM students who spend part of their degree at the UK campus, will become enriched and well-rounded individuals as they will meet and collaborate with peers from different walks of life, be introduced to different learning methods, experience different cultures and improve their spoken English.
The University of Reading Malaysia awards scholarships – some worth up to 100 percent – to deserving and academically excellent students.
Applicants are selected based on their academic achievements and the socio-economic status of their family. In addition, there are various options and sources of financial assistance available, ensuring that the world-leading education that we offer is accessible and affordable for all.
OUR SCHOLARSHIPS INCLUDE
Provost’s Award* This scholarship, which offers the equivalent of a 100% bursary on fees, is available for the very best, high achieving students, subject to a written application and interview.
High Achiever’s Scholarship* Students who demonstrate exemplary academic ability and results will automatically receive this scholarship. Bursaries of up to 30 percent of tuition fees are available, depending on the level of achievement.
Alumni and Family Discounts** Alumni discounts are available for alumni and children of University of Reading alumni.
Family discounts are also available for students who have a family member working at the University of Reading Malaysia.
Scholarships are available for Foundation Programme applicants based on their academic achievements.
Please refer to our website for the latest details.
20% off UG Programme tuition fee A-Levels AAB/STPM AAB/IB 35 Points/CPU 85%/ATAR 85/UEC 6A/Malaysian Matriculation CGPA 3.5 or equivalent qualifications
25% off UG Programme tuition fee UEC 7A/Malaysian Matriculation CGPA 3.75 or equivalent qualifications
30% off UG Programme tuition fee A-Levels AAA/STPM AAA/IB 37 Points/CPU 90%/ATAR 90/UEC 8A/Malaysian Matriculation CGPA 4.0 or equivalent qualifications
Domestic UoRM students are also eligible to apply for a range of external scholarships being offered by organisations including Khazanah Watan, Gamuda Land, Great Eastern, The Edge, The Star and more.
All PhD applicants are eligible to be considered for the following discounts and scholarships:
- 25% High Achiever’s Scholarships for students with either a first class Bachelor’s degree and/or a Distinction at Master’s Level.
* Note that students receiving a Provost’s Award or High Achiever’s Scholarship must maintain a grade A/70% average to continue receiving their scholarship in Years 2 and 3.
** The Alumni and Family discounts will only be given for the first year of study.
Henley Business School Malaysia
BSc Real Estate (N/341/6/0042)
BSc Finance and Business Management (N/340/6/0485)
BA Management and Business (N/345/6/0827)
BSc Accounting & Finance (N/343/6/0214)
MPharm 2+2 (A 4-year undergraduate pharmacy degree) (N/727/6/0079)
BSc Psychology (N/311/6/0074)
PhD in Built Environment (N/581/8/0088)
Henley Business School Malaysia
PhD in Business & Management (N/345/8/0944)