AT A GLANCE
- Waikato is ranked at #274 in the QS World University Rankings 2019.
- Study at a business school that is ranked in the top 1% globally, with the prestigious Triple Crown Accreditation from EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB.
- Become work-ready with the right balance of practical and theoretical study. Waikato students collectively take part in more than 2000 industry placements and internships each year.
- Our lecturers are sought-after consultants and active international researchers, with strong links to businesses and government agencies.
- Smaller class sizes means easier access to your lecturers and tutors when you have questions.
- Friendly and vibrant student culture, with loads of student clubs to get involved with.
- Experience New Zealand and all that it has to offer from beaches, mountains, glow worm caves, Hobbiton and more.
The University of Waikato is located in New Zealand, a small yet mighty country located in the South Pacific. New Zealand is one of the safest countries in the world and is known for its cultural diversity and beauty. Located in the heart of New Zealand's North Island, Waikato has two campuses to choose from, Hamilton and Tauranga City.
Begin your studies at a world-class university ranked in the top 300 globally (QS World Rankings 2019). Waikato has climbed 127 places up the QS rankings in the last five years, based on its reputation, research, teaching, graduate employability, and internationalisation.
Gain a distinctive, world-class business education at the University of Waikato's Management School. Our goal is to develop innovative and ethical business leaders who can tackle complex challenges facing organisations, and make a positive impact on the economy, society, and the environment.
We offer qualifications at undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels.
Waikato Management School is ranked in the top 1% of all business schools globally with our prestigious Triple Crown Accreditation from EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System), AMBA (Association of MBAs) and AACSB (the United States-based Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business). This is an international benchmark of excellence in business education.
We prepare our students to become highly effective business leaders with the flexible skills and knowledge base to drive any organisation forwards and make it succeed - whether that is a global powerhouse, a government department, or a social enterprise.
Our students are supported by world-class academics with strong consulting links, whose research is focused on three key areas; 1) responsible management, 2) transformational leadership, and 3) leading through innovation and entrepreneurial practice.
We are committed to ensuring all students receive an education that is relevant to the real world of business, and based on leading-edge research. Using a variety of teaching approaches, students participate in group work, case studies, interactive discussions and experiential learning.
Waikato is ranked in the world's top 300 universities in the QS World University Subject Rankings for the subjects of:
- Accounting & Finance
- Business & Management Studies
- Communication & Media Studies
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Developement Studies
- Bachelor of Business - BBus (3years)
- Bachelor of Communication Studies - BCS (3 years)
- Bachelor of Management Studies with Honours - BMS(Hons) (3 years)
Major subjects available
Choose one of the following as your major subject:
- Accounting - BBus, BMS(Hons), MMS, MPAcct
- Digital Business - BBus, BMS(Hons), MDigiBus
- Economics - BBus, BMS(Hons), MMS
- Finance - BBus, BMS(Hons), MMS
- Human Resource Management - BBus, BMS(Hons), MMS
- Marketing - BBus, BCS, BMS(Hons), MMS
- Public Relations - BBus, BMS(Hons), MMS
- Tourism and Hospitality Management - BBus, BMS(Hons), MMS
- Strategic Management - BBus, BMS(Hons), MMS
You can also choose to take a second major or 1-2 minor subjects in almost any other undergraduate subject offered at the University of Waikato.