Founded in 2006, the University now has over 10,000 students on campus with a further 2,500 studying at Liverpool under a 2+2 articulation agreement. XJTLU undergraduate students may study the entire degree programme in Suzhou, China, or start study in Suzhou and then complete the final two years at the University of Liverpool.
XJTLU is independent, but it draws for guidance and experience upon its two parent universities, both of which are over one hundred years old and highly respected international pioneers. The University recruits students from China and abroad at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels and also receives visiting, exchange and Chinese Language Studies students.
At XJTLU you will find an international community of learners in the heart of China’s ongoing economic success story and opportunities found nowhere else on Earth.
Our global community is continually growing, offering you the chance to make connections with people from across the world.
All our degree programmes are taught 100 percent in English, with a focus on critical thinking and independent learning – key skills needed in the workplace. At XJTLU you will be taught how to acquire and create new knowledge and apply it to real-world scenarios.
Our graduates’ ambitions and aspirations take them all over the world into jobs and further study. Some progress onto further education at top global institutions (in 2015, 71 percent of graduates planned to continue their studies in world-renowned universities), while others get jobs with major companies around the world (25.7 percent of 2015 graduates found employment with Fortune 500 companies).
We are the result of a historic partnership between Xi’an Jiaotong University and the University of Liverpool and our academic reputation is enhanced by this collaboration. We combine the best of east and west to offer you a unique educational experience that prepares you to be a future leader.
International Student Support Office: Our XJTLU Global team provides a range of services to help make students' experience at XJTLU go smoothly. The team help with all questions that international students have whilst at the University and in China.
Language support: All international students have the opportunity to study Chinese language. The Language Centre delivers language modules, including academic English, Chinese, and Spanish for full-time international students, exchange students and visiting students.
- Accommodation: All international students are guaranteed accommodation throughout their study at XJTLU. Accommodation options range from studios to six-bedroom apartments with well-equipped facilities, considerate service, and an international living atmosphere, it also creates a good learning and living environment.
- Library: As an XJTLU student you will have access to a wide range of library resources, from books and journals to electronic databases and articles. The library currently holds over 500,000 books, which are added to and updated throughout the year in response to requests from academic departments. It provides 22,000 square metres of space, housing 300 PCs and 2,500 seats for studying, discussion and computer and studio work.
- Sports: Students at XJTLU have the opportunity to try a range of sporting activities through our clubs and organisations as well as the sports facilities on offer.
Our graduates are a diverse group whose ambitions and aspirations take them all over the world into jobs and further study.
In 2017, more than 80 percent graduates continued onto further studies (masters and PhD) abroad after they graduated, with 23.73 percent entering world top 10 universities and more than 70 percent receiving offers from universities ranking in the world top 100. Almost 20% graduates entered Fortune Global 500 companies. Our dedicated Career Development Office helps support you in your career planning, while our network of external mentors, made up of professionals from a range of industries, can offer you real-world guidance on job seeking and career development.
- All degree programmes taught in English: Over 70 undergraduate degree and masters programmes.
- More than 500 academic staff members from 50 countries.
- World-class learning and teaching facilities on an award-winning campus.
- Internationally-recognised UK degree from the University of Liverpool.
- Undergraduate students receive two degrees (dual award) upon completion of an undergraduate programme (the XJTLU degree from the Chinese Ministry of Education and the University of Liverpool degree).
- Masters and PhD will receive a degree from the University of Liverpool.
- All international students have the opportunity to study Chinese throughout their degree or as separate short courses.