About Nanhua University (NHU)
Nanhua University is a member of Taiwan's first transnational university consortium under the FO Guang Shan system. The aim of the consortium is to provide sutdents with world wide resources as well as create opportunities for international exchange and study.
The University currently has 5,555 students and 220 full time teachers; 91% of the faculty are doctorate degree holders, a remarkably high percentage among private universites in Taiwan. NHU has five colleges namely Management, Humanites, Social Sciences, Arts, Science and Technology and boasts 18 undergraduate departments, 24 graduate institutes and a doctoral program.
All our programs are designed to be in tune with the needs of the international community and global industry.
The university places great importance on general education and the humanistic spirit as such there is also the General Education Center.
Grants and Recognition
- Four consecutive years of Teaching Excellence Project within the Ministry of Education guidelines with a total grant of NT$160 million and representing the 9th place within Taiwan. (Year 2013-2016)
- Ministry of Education implemented a national "Ministry of Education, Life Education Center", and awarded as a 2015-2016 LifeEducation school with distinction.
- Ministry of Education Taiwan named NHU a "Three Virtues" campus and a lead school in "Moral Teaching".
- 2016 NHU recieves Institute of Engineering Education Taiwan (IEET) accreditation
- 2016 NHU obtains AACSB accreditation
- Department of Creative Product Design won 2 gold medals in 2016 International Abilymipics
- Ranking 15 determind by university presidents from across the country (2016)
- College of Management
- College of Humanities
- College of Social Science
- College of Arts & Design
- College of Science & Technology
In order to best serve international students who need English courses, NHU offers English-based curriculum in all academic departments and five "English Elite Programs" in our five colleges.
Students are taught and trained in English preparing them for the current and future international employment requirements.
Nanhua University is pursuing a 2+2 program (double degree program) with the University of the West, and potentially with Maharishi University of Management (USA) and Nan Tien Institute (Australia).
We have designed English curriculum for students wishing to study abroad that would allow them to obtain academic credits or double degress from other institutions around the world.
The program helps extend academic exchanges with other universities, thus offering students more opportunities to study abroad.
Chinese Language Center (CLC)
We provide both language and culture courses for registered international students at no extra cost.
Our goal is to help students who wish to pursue a degree at Nanhua University even if they do not have a full grasp of the Chinese Language.
International students can take up to 15 hours of classes per week.
Our language center adopts a "whole language" apporach to teaching, which focuses on building up the four-language skills; listening, speaking, reading and writing. Emphasis is placed on basic pronounciation, grammar and commonly used vocabulary.
Our aim is to help enable students to be able to communicate using Chinese by the end of the course.
What NHU Offers You
We offer the following scholarships:
- Type AA: Waiver of tuition fees.
- Type A: Waiver of tuition fees. (with conditions)
- Type C: Waiver of tuition fees on condition of being a student from a low-income household with excellent academic performance.
* Subject to the change based on school policies
Nanhua University has on-campus student restaurants which offer a variety of dishes for vegetarians and non-vegetarians, making it easy to maintain a balanced diet. Dining options include but are not limited to buffet style meals, light dinning and snacks.
The school dormitories consist of two, three and four person suites each furnished with desks, chairs, bookcases, wardrobes, comfortable beds, bathroom amenities, an independent balcony and internet access.
Accommodation fees range from about US$300 - 430 per semester depending on room type.
Travelling to and from the university is very convenient. There are trains stations located nearby and buses with stops at Dalin train station, downtown Chiayi and Chiayi train station.
Registered students may use their student ID cards to take the school bus for free.
Multiple Extracurricular Activiities
Nanhua University has over 60 student societies which consist of 6 categories; academic, sports, leisure, music, service oriented and recreational clubs.
There are also 23 Departmental student associations and 4 autonomous societies.
How to Apply
|Application||Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|Admission Brochure released||November 2016|
|Submission of application deadline||June 30, 2017||December 15, 2016|
|Application Results published||July 31, 2017||January 15, 2017|
|Registration||Early September, 2017||February, 2017|
* No application fee will be charged
|College||Rates Total (US$ / per semester)|
|College of Management||1625||1600||1735|
College of Humanities
|College of Social Science||1560||1600|
|College of Science & Technology||1730||1635|
|College of Arts||1770||1600|
* Tuition fees are subject to change based on school policy
|Accommodation (per semester)||US$ 300 - 430|
|Living Expenses (per semester)||US$ 800 - 1000|
Exchange rate: 1 US$ = 30NT$